Thursday, August 30, 2012

My first quilt

Well, I have been wanting to do this for a long time!  But, as you know....life gets in the way and making a quilt didn't make the priority list.  UNTIL...our sweet friends got married and I KNEW they had to have a handmade quilt to celebrate.  So I started a monogram rag quilt and this is how it turned out- 



I used Adorn It! fabrics as well as Riley Blake and Robert Kaufman.  I was thrilled with the way it turned out!  I hope they loved it too.

So I decided to make one for another friend who is having her first baby.  Everything is very girly- light pink, frilly (which I love) so I decided to go a little sassier.  Here is Miss Caroline's little quilt after it was stitched and snipped but before it was frayed-

There are amazing quilt tutorials online
 (and of course you can find the BEST tips and tricks on Pinterest!)
Go grab your favorite fabric and get started...happy quilting!

No comments: